top of page

Blog - What Makes A Good Musician? (Part 1)

So what makes a good musician? I get asked this question a lot, naturally people assume you've got to be amazing or some sort of virtuoso and its not always the case! So over the next few blogs I will discuss a few tips to consider and define what really makes a pro musician!

Play to your Limitations

If you feel your not the strongest guitarist or doubt your improvisation and lead skills then don't launch yourself into a 3 minute guitar solo when performing in front of a large crowd for the first time. Would you sign up to the London Marathon two weeks before the event never having run long distance before? No of course not! You would train for such an event!

Build up your confidence first, get a few gigs under your belt and then start with an easy guitar solo and take it from there. It doesn't matter if you mess up part of a riff or solo, having played the rest of the song correctly... don't beat yourself up! Change your thought process for a moment and think about getting a 95% score on a maths test, I'm sure most people would be over the moon that they achieved such a high score and wouldn't worry about the other 5%

Yes you might make a few mistakes along the way, but you will come back stronger if you analyse, focus and error correct your playing! A wise man once said:

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"

So start off at your limitations, perform, practice, error correct and watch yourself grow into the musician you've always wanted to be!

Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page